Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cake Pops

 About 3 weeks ago Sarah {the Zesty Baker}, Ford, John and I started a bible study. We are using the book Can You Hear Me Now by Tommy Nelson. It's really awesome because it guides you through every question, discussion, and bible verse ... and we are so lucky to have Sarah as our amazing leader. :) We alternate meeting at each others houses each week, and Sarah and I always try to have some kind of goodies prepared. This week my goal was to try cake pops. Surprisingly they were quite simple once I got the hang of coating the outside of the balls. 


 
These cake balls are chocolate with a vanilla white chocolate outside. The first batch I made were plain white. I shared them with my study abroad group and everyone loved them! The second batch of cake pops I wanted to do a design with. Sarah came over last night and we colored the chocolate and played around with some designs. 

A little extra thanks to Sarah for being my craft photographer! She does an awesome job doesn't she?

 


I have already started to make a list of different flavors I want to try! 
Red velvet cake with cream cheese 
Funfetti with vanilla
Strawberry with cream cheese
Chocolate chocolate-chip with vanilla   .... (to name a few)


 So I am sure you are like, "Why does she have a picture of a spatula on her blog?" Well, during our first bible study Sarah and Ford shared a "pass the pen" strategy they learned during their marriage counseling which helps with communication. We decided we were each going to get the other couple a pen alternative. Sarah and Ford got John and I a loofa {see theZestyBaker}. John and I decided to get Sarah and Ford a spatula... also known to Ford as a spu-tu-lu. Ford shared a story with us about a time he and his mom were out shopping and he called a spatula a spu-tu-la. We all died laughing when he shared this story so John and I thought it would only be perfect for their gift to be the one-and-only spu-tu-lu. They thought it was great! 

If you aren't in a bible study, I definitely recommend it. We both (the Bakers and the Wards) thought we had great marriages before, but each week we all agree our marriage gets better and better. Not to mention we are able to support each other in the growth of our relationships with God. What an amazing experience it's been so far.. and it's only been 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment