Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Babyshower

I have come to learn that decorating cakes is just hard...... they come out lopsided, they are uneven, icing them is difficult, and decorating them can just be down right irritating. Not to mention I am very much a perfectionist which makes everything 10 times worse.

Well... my ultimate dream is to one day be able to do wedding cakes. I have been dying to try out a "ribbon" decorated cake so when I heard of an upcoming babyshower at my school I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. The cake isn't even close to perfect but I am one step closer than I was before... 

Here's how it turned out. 

 









I found glitter dust to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes!!



My biggest problem with this cake is that it is a little lopsided. Anyone have any suggestions for pans to use and/or a way to layer cakes so that they are straight and even?


 Thanks for your help!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment