The next grocery trip I got more bananas and nutella. As soon as I got home I went to my Big Oven app (those of you who don't have it MUST get it!! It has tons of amazing recipes) in search of the crepe recipe when I found a homemade Nutella Brownies recipe. I decided to add my own little touch and put bananas in it as well. THEY WERE SO SIMPLE! And John said they were absolutely delicious! So delicious he refused to take the leftovers to share at his cookout tonight...
Anyways, I definitely recommend these!! They were quick, simple, and heavenly!
Here are the main items you need:
** And bananas ... if you choose to add them!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8-9 inch square cake pan.
2. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of flour and 1/4 tsp salt.
3. In another bowl, beat 2 eggs, 1 cup nutella, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Use your mixer for about 2 minutes to make it easier.
4. Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in a cup.
5. With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with the butter.
6. Add 1-2 bananas to the mixture (optional).
7. Scrape the batter into the cake pan.
8. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean (I look for a few crumbs on the toothpick).
So we figured out there are 2 ways to eat the Banana Nutella Brownies
1. When they first come out of the oven. They are very chocolaty, almost like a hot molten lava cake!!
2. Or... wait about 2 hours (or the next night) and they are more like gooey brownies!