Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bridal Shower

Last weekend I was asked to make a bridal shower cake for one of my wonderful teammates, Sara. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the shower because I had already committed to going to John's work party. 

This cake is very similar to the baby shower cake I made, except it was not lopsided! This time I did my best to give the cake layers time to act as glue before I put on the final icing layer. It seemed to help a lot!

Sara is using a variation of purples for her bridal party bouquets so I wanted to incorporate various purples into the cake presentation.
 Finding the perfect purple flowers was difficult but I was very satisfied with the way these turned out!
 Sara's favorite cake is strawberry cake so, of course, the cake and cupcakes were both strawberry. I initially wanted to do flower cupcakes but the icing didn't want to cooperate. After doing just plain icing on the top the cupcakes looked a little plain so I thought I would add a little chocolate chip to the top!


No comments:

Post a Comment