Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer cookies

The O.R. staff at Rex had their summer staff party today at a pool in Cary. They provided bbq and chicken, and everyone was asked to bring a dish. My friend, Krista, had gotten me a palm tree cookie cutter awhile ago and I have been waiting for the perfect event to use it. The other day Sarah and I were out shopping and I found sunglasses, a margarita glass, and a flip flop (which I didn't use this time), so I thought now would be the perfect time to put the palm tree to use. The cookies were a hit!! ....So much so that I didn't have nearly enough for everyone. Thankfully at the last minute I made a very easy "chocolaty" dessert, which I will share with you soon. 

Next time I will have to make more cookies...


 Palm trees.

Unfortunately I had 3 margarita cookies break when I was transferring them to the cooling rack so I only ended up with two to share. They were fun to decorate and I even added a little sugar to the margarita to make it look real :)

Check back later this week because I will be posting a recipe for an EASY and DELICIOUS dessert for you to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment